Greyhound Trust Monthly Lottery rules
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance. Entry is open to all UK residents but excludes Greyhound Trust’s employees and third parties directly involved in the administration or management of the Monthly Lottery.
- Not to be sold by or to anyone under 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Your unique lottery number(s) will be generated and confirmed by post within 21 days. Your number(s) will remain the same each month. No ticket will be supplied.
- The monthly draw will be conducted on the last friday of every month. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator which will select a six digit number (the Winning Number). Only Lottery numbers for players with sufficient credit at the time of the draw will be eligible for prizes. Late or missed payments may result in player’s lottery numbers not being eligible for every draw.
- The Winning Number will be published on the Greyhound Trust’s website here and will be available from the Monthly Lottery Helpline on 01628 821988. Results will be available from the Monday following the draw.
- Winning combinations will be for players’ lottery numbers which match three or more of the digits in the correct position within the Winning Number. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest will be payable. If you pay by Direct Debit, prizes will be paid directly into your bank account, otherwise a cheque will be sent within 21 days.
- Prizes are as follows: Match 6 numbers in the right place for a prize of £10,000. Match 5 numbers in the right place for a prize of £1,000. Match 4 numbers in the right place for a prize of £25. Match 3 numbers in the right place for a prize of £5.
- All profits from the Greyhound Trusts Monthly Lottery go to Greyhound Trust to continue funding the charity’s work.
- Greyhound Trust is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- Greyhound trust or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Greyhound Trust or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made regarding the rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
- The rules are subject to change by Greyhound Trust or its External Lottery Manager. Copies of the latest rules will be published on greyhoundtrust.org/lottery
- Greyhound Trust maintains records of customer funds separately from general company / charity funds. This means that steps have been taken to separately account for customer funds from company / charity funds however those funds are not protected if Greyhound Trust becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the basic level of protection.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Monthly Lottery or these terms and conditions.
The Greyhound Trust Lottery is licensed and regulated by Reigate & Banstead Local Authority under the Gambling Act 2005 –www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
For full terms and conditions visit lottery.greyhoundtrust.org.uk/terms-conditions
Greyhound Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales (269668).
Please gamble responsibly. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, BeGambleAware is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 (lines open 8am to midnight) or visit www.begambleaware.co.uk